Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Cherry on Top

 
Not the greatest pictures of such a fun quilt.  I found the tutorial over on the blog Podunk Pretties and knew it had to be made.  My borders are a little different than hers, I finished it before she got around to posting the last steps.  It's not quilted yet, but the back is pieced, and the label is on.  I just couldn't brave an outside pic today, it's gotten cold here, only 41 degrees and very windy, brr!  Besides they're shelling corn to the north and south of me today, and it would probably be just a little too entertaining for the guys to see me running around the yard trying to control a full sized bed quilt in the wind. ;) 
 
 
 I'm trying to better about making labels.  The back is made from two twin sized sheets from Goodwill.  I do know the reasons not to use sheets for quilt backing, but couldn't resist this.  Seriously, who has red gingham sheets, and if you do, who would get rid of them?!
 
 
We do love our cherries around here! 
Picking cherries this summer.
 
 
Cherries ready to be pitted (not my favorite part).
 
 
 And totally unrelated, just had to share this little vintage tray I found while visiting my daughter at her college last week.  I already had the Fiesta dishes, but had to bring them out to try with the tray, too perfect!  The cloth is a vintage feed sack I found this summer (you can still see the stitches from when it was a bag along one corner).  Someone at sometime turned it into an adorable little table topper edged in rick rack.
 
I love red!
 

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Oh my super cute! Thanks for making my pattern! Love your fabric choices. I too have used red gingham sheets in my quilts...shhh!

Missy Shay said...

You did a great job! I really want to make one too, it's on my list!

elnorac said...

Absolutely adorable! Lovely job in every aspect.

Amy said...

Visiting from Jan from Sew and So Farm. This quilt is just adorable.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Searching images for the Strawberry Social quilt; yours is super cute and bumped into this quilt. LOVE. I think I'll be making strawberries and cherries this summer. :)