Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Strawberries!



 
My Strawberry Social pattern arrived from the Pattern Basket on Monday and I couldn't wait to get started.  I made four little strawberries Tuesday afternoon, so cute!  They go together so fast and there's a very tricky little way to make those stems.  I just happened to have a strawberry tablecloth on my dining room table, thought it seemed very fitting to take this picture on it.  Only thing is, it's 68 degrees out and very gloomy, not the best weather for picture taking, and 68 is very unusual for July in Illinois.   
 
A few weeks ago the real strawberries were very plentiful.  I think I made four pies, put up five quarts of berries and many, many pints of freezer jam.  We'll be enjoying strawberries in one way or another for a long time!

2 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

I love how yours are turning out! So clever with those strawberry tops and the mixed up fabric. Now I'm sorry I didn't do that, I was just too lazy. It looks wonderful!

Don't even get me started on how cute the tablecloth is and the pie! YUMMY!

✿Carol✿ said...

Lisa, I didn't know you were blogging again! Those strawberries are really cute, and the other ones look delicious. And YES, I certainly do remember animal stories, with Larry Lujack and Tommy Edwards. The good old days of radio!
Happy Summer!
Carol