Monday, April 8, 2013

The Bee In My Bonnet Row along Quilt

 Finished the binding last night, threw it in the wash this morning, so I could try to catch a sunny picture before it rained again (they're calling for it every day this week).
 But my it's windy!  And my clothesline seems to have sagged over the winter, going to have to fix that.  I would say that this was definitely the most fun I've had making a quilt.  Every two weeks Lori would post a new row for us to work on, it was fun being part of this group of quilters.  I wish I had lots of quilty friends close by, but this was the next best thing. :)
 
Here's the label and a close up of the binding after washing, I wasn't sure what the quilting would do to my embroidery stitches, but I think they still look OK.  I don't think I have to worry about that french knot dotted i ever coming out, one of my quilting stitches went right through it.
 I worked on the binding for my row along quilt through two Law and Orders, a few Monks, and I think even one NCIS and there was more good TV to watch last night.  Call the Midwife (love, love, love that show) was on, and I guess I was really in a binding mood, I pulled out this very pink quilt and finally started to put the binding on it.  It's much smaller, so shouldn't take near as long, anything good on TV tonight?

1 comment:

Tracy Cotton Pickin Cute said...

I love your quilt!! When I was a kid we had the most comfortable worn out - torn scrap quilts that my grandma made. I'd give anything to have one now. They were all mismatched and not exactly pretty but so worn with love. Yours is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love the bright summer theme. The pink one is just as cute. I wish I quilted or found time to even try. It must be so relaxing.

Hugs…Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute